- This event has passed.
Integrated Internal Auditor Training: 14001 and ISO 45001
November 12 - November 14
An event every 6 months that begins at 12:00 am on day 12 of the month, repeating indefinitely
ISO 14001:2015 is an Environmental Management System Standard. Internal Auditing is mandatory as per the ISO14001:2015 standard. Conducting internal audits periodically prior to certification audit or surveillance audit is essential.
Training for internal audits is a mandatory requirement of the standard as per clause, # 7.1 of ISO audit guidance documents ISO 19011:2018. The guidance document calls for training and evaluation of the internal auditors before internal audit can be permitted.
This evaluation is to be done with respect to the audit being done. This also refers to the clause 9.2 of ISO14001:2015 standards which calls for ensuring competence of personnel to the task assigned.
As per Annexure A 9.2 of the ISO 14001:2015 standard, when considering the environmental importance of the processes concerned in its audit program me, the organization should include
- a) The plans made and actions taken to address the organization ‘s significant environmental aspects and compliance obligations
- b) The outputs of its monitoring and measurement processes; 1108
- c) Previous occurrences of accidents or emergency situations that resulted in or could have resulted in environmental impacts
ISO 45001:2018 is an international standard for the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) management system. This standard details the requirements for maintaining the safety and health of its employees within the work environment. Organizations not complying with standard may get a citation from department of labor and incur huge costs in worker’s compensation and loss of production due to accidents which can be avoided. Internal audit of ISO 45001:2018 must include documentation and implementation of identifying the following:
- Safety Hazard:description of the safety hazard and stated objective
- Risk Level:the level of risk severity this hazard poses
- Monitoring:type of monitoring activity/ planned inspection process
- Analysis:key insights and trends to examine from monitoring records
- Evaluation:what to do for improving safety performance
- Supporting Photos:ability to attach supporting photos to this template
This Internal Auditor ISO 14001 training and ISO 45001 training course has the primary objective of making participants understand the requirements of the standards, intent comprehension, understanding the terms concepts and principals involved in the standard. The course covers on auditing challenges, understanding challenges, interpretation challenges, implementation challenges and challenges due to prescriptive nature of the ISO 14001:2015 standard.
Finally, the course emphasizes the effective methods of documented information and the advantages of a simplified and comprehensive one level documentation. This one level documentation is an evidence-based system which offers proof of implementation for the standard’s requirements. This 3-day on site internal auditor training course includes mock exercises of the processes of the facility to make the participants confident about what they have learned and apply them in their work area right away.