Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Action and Preventive Action: For ISO Management Systems
March 9, 2021 - March 10, 2021
An event every 6 months that begins at 12:00 am on day 9 of the month, repeating indefinitely
Management system needs periodic audits to check the efficacy of the system. Every audit discovers some deficiencies. It is imperative that audit deficiency and nonconformities during normal working are to be effectively closed with proper document backup. A deficiency can be closed and only when effective measure is taken to pinpoint the actual cause and the effect of that deficiency on the quality of products and services. The determination of the pinpoint reason is what is known as Root Cause. It is necessary that one should learn the scientific basis on arriving at the root cause of the problem. More often than not it is noticed that instead of arriving at a decision about the cause in a methodical way people tend to arrive at solution first and then work around to build documentation justifying it. This 2- day intensive course explains the intent comprehension of IATF 16949:2016, introduction and relevance of Automotive Quality Core Tools and provides coaching on effective methods of identifying the root causes for the nonconformities and closing of the same.
Course materials provided to the students include copies of the IATF 16949:2016 standards, a comprehensive reference text, and a student workbook.
- Intent comprehension of Terms. Concepts and Principles of IATF 16949:2016
- Introduction to Automotive Quality Core tools
- Definitions of terms Correction, Corrective Action and Preventive Action
- Define Root Cause Analysis
- Audit Deficiencies and corresponding corrective actions
- Risk Based Thinking and preventive Actions
- Preventive actions as tools for Risk Mitigation
- Need for Cross Functional Teams in preparing Corrective and Preventive actions
- Methods to be followed in identifying Root Cause of defects
- Scientific methods of arriving at Root Cause “8 D”, “5 Why”, “7S” etc. methods
- Details of Cause and effect analysis
- Techniques of Vital Few and Trivial Many (Pareto Analysis)
- Methods of Including Corrective actions and Preventive actions for continual Improvement
Apply knowledge and understanding of the standard IATF 16949:2016 for the facility to attempt and correct audit deficiencies and prevent them from occurring at all.