The Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) is an independent, nonprofit, nongovernmental organization, founded in 1999, which promotes sustainable managed forests through an independent third party certification. PEFC is the world’s largest forest certification system. The credible standard impacts the way forests are managed globally and locally to ensure everyone can benefit from the environmental, social and economic advantages that forests offer. As the world’s largest forest certification system, PEFC remains the certification system of choice for small, non-industrial private forests. PEFC helps buyers identify the best performers by endorsing national and/or regional forest certification standards that meet its rigorous criteria. Due to how well respected the endorsement is, it has the support of: Trade unions, state authorities, environmental organizations, forest owners and managers, timber traders and, also producers/retailers of paper and timber products.
Who should Pursue?
- Any organization in forest management
- Any organization in forest management that wants to be socially responsible
- Any organization in forest management that wants to increase profitability
- Any organization in forest management that is also involved with social responsibility
- Protects important ecological forest area
- Protects workers’ rights and welfare
- Requires companies to demonstrate compliance with social, health and safety requirements in the chain of custody.
- Maintains biodiversity
- Enables people to manage their forests in a responsible way
QSE’s “Ten Step Approach”™ to Registration is designed and perfected to cost- effectively prepare facilities for successfully passing Certification Audits with minimum or no nonconformities. QSE emphasizes on developing Simplified Documented Management Systems to meet or exceeds the requirements of any Management System Standard requirements. This 10 Step Approach has a built-in discipline to involve all employees including top management right from the beginning to achieve long-term desired results. Our approach is so complete that we have helped over 600 companies obtain certification, of which, majority have obtained certification with zero deficiencies.