The AS9120 is a quality standard that has been designed by the International Standards Organization (ISO) to gauge and assure quality in aerospace suppliers. The Aerospace industry is arguably the riskiest and the need for a regulatory body to ensure that standards are as high as possible is paramount. The charter provides all Aerospace suppliers with the resources needed to make sure they have developed and maintained quality management systems within the ranks of their companies.
The ultimate goal of the AS9120 is to promote the production and distribution of reliable and high quality aerospace products. The charter involves proper traceability chains as well as documentation and inventory control. The foundation of the AS 9120 is the IS9001 standard, which is a collective standard that provides management systems for all industries.
There are some requirements that are needed in getting certification through the AS9120 program and are highlighted below:
- AS 9120 requires inventory control in all tiers of the suppliers organizational structure to make sure that quality standards are maintained.
- Mandates that all organizations supplying aerospace equipment and products develop an effective assessment policy to identify areas of weaknesses in their plan of action.
- There is also the requirement of proper documentation by authorities in aero-space suppliers in key areas of the production and supply chain
The need to have the AS 9120 certification is evident and will include a lot of benefits that are characterized to the certification. The aim of the AS 9120 is to promote quality standards in Aerospace suppliers in the world and the following benefits will surely be realized:
- AS 9120 allows your organization to build a strong reputation as an effective and legitimate aerospace supplier, creating a very good marketing tool towards popularizing your business to potential customers.
- Allows your organization to develop or enhance their risk management practices through effective and well researched risk assessments approaches, as well as mitigation.
- The AS 9120 will also give your company the important capacity to be able to comply with existing Aerospace regulatory control laws through consultative approaches towards complying with the existing legal framework.
- Offers the chance to develop a well mainstreamed and effective management practice which will help you cut down operational costs.
- With an AS 9120 certification you can increase the capacity for your company to bid for certain contracts that have AS 9120 certification as a pre-requisite.
QSE adopts a “Ten Step Approach”™ to Implementation. This approach, designed and perfected by QSE, addresses each facet in an easy to implement manner. Tools merge with each other seamlessly and so effortlessly that the end product is a top-notch quality.