ISO 20000-1:2018 is the IT Service Management System Standard. The ISO 20000 Certification Standard helps Organizations promote and encourage their assurance in the Quality-based Services. The Service delivery to your Customers/Clients will be more effective and trustworthy with the implementation of the Standard.
A Service Management System is an all-encompassing management system meant to bring together all aspects of Organization Management, such as:
The Guidelines and Requirements defined in the ISO 20000-1:2018 are the Industry Best Practices written by the highly experienced professional team in the ISO.
The ISO 20000 Standard consists of two main parts:
- Gives Organizations the requirements of a Service Management System (SMS)
- Gives Guidance on Best Practices for the Application of SMS based on previous requirements
Transition Dates from ISO 20000-1:2011 to 2018 Edition
- The IAF (International Accreditation Forum) decided all Audits (initial and re-certifications) must comply with the 2018 Version of the Standard 18 months after transition starting date of 9/30/2018
- Organizations may choose to get certified against the 2018 Edition
- Certifications for 2011 Edition are still Acceptable
- All new Certifications and Re-Certifications must be to ISO 20000-1:2018 after 3/31/2020
- All Existing Certifications must be transitioned to ISO 20000-1:2018 before 9/30/2021
Why ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management (ITSM) Certification?
Maintaining a competitive edge is increasingly difficult. An ISO 20000-1 Service Management Certification provides the framework to ensure your organization maintains and updates your IT Management System (ITSM) effectively and enables IT service provision to be controlled and efficient.
ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management is the certifiable standard for IT companies, but a unique series of guidance standards have been developed that can be applied specifically for implementation of your organization needs. These additional aspects of the series give guidance on the relationship between ISO 20000-1 and other service management frameworks (such as ITIL and COBIT), or guidance on the scope definition and applicability of ISO 20000-1. Some of the standards include:
- ISO 20000-1:2018 Information Technology – Service Management – Part 1: Service Management
- ISO 20000-2:2019 Information Technology – Service Management – Part 2: Guidance on the Application of Service Management Systems
- ISO 20000-7:2019 Information Technology – Service Management – Part 7: Guidance on the Integration and Correlation of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013
- ISO 20000-10:2018 Information Technology – Service Management – Part 10: Concepts and Vocabulary
- ISO 20000-11:2015 Information Technology – Service Management – Part 11: Guidance on the Relationship Between ISO 20000-1 and Service Management Frameworks: ITIL®
(Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- ISO 20000-13:2018 Information Technology – Service Management – Part 13: Guidance on the Relationship Between ISO 20000-1 and Service Management Frameworks: COBIT
(Control Objectives for Information Technologies
ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a highly recognized, extensive library of IT service delivery best practices that is owned by Axelos. The most recent version focuses on integration of the business structure, departmental technologies, customer feedback with the IT services. Vital information for improvement of the organization enables management of risk, customer satisfaction, cost savings, growth, and change.
Guiding principles for ITIL include – focus on value, design for experience, start where you are, work holistically, progress iteratively, observe directly, be transparent, collaborate, and keep it simple.
COBIT is well known service management framework in IT companies / departments that focuses on generic processes for It Management based on inputs and outputs. Key processes include evaluate, direct and monitor / align, plan and organize / build, acquire and implement / deliver, service and support / monitor, evaluate, assess COBIT: 2019 is currently under revision with expected release / publication late 2020.
What are the Benefits of an ISO 20000-1 Certification for IT Service Management (ITSM)?
Considering the limited number of companies that are aware of the ISO 20000 Series of Standards, an opportunity affords itself for your organization / company to distinguish yourself from other companies that have not availed themselves of the opportunity to implement a disciplined IT Management System (ITSM) that enables robust improvement
Many IT service organizations have Achieved ISO 9001 Certification but have failed to realize the benefits of a standard focused on their needs. ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management Certification demonstrates your organizations commitment to Service Management Principles.
- The many ISO 20000 standards provide important tools and guidance materials in promoting quality driven management practices.
- ISO 20000-1 Service Management System promotes informative yearly certification for IT service providers.
- IT service providers with an ISO 20000-1 Certification have an increased competitive advantage in the market.
- ISO 20000-1 certification helps avoid customer audits.
Who Should get ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management (ITSM) Certification?
If answer to any of the following questions is Yes then you need an ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management Certification:
- Would your customers recognize the commitment and effort applied to achieve certification that provides your organization a competitive edge in attracting business?
- Are you interested in having a good marketing tool with an ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management (ITSM) certification?
- Does your organization need the structure to ensure cost effective service delivery?
- Are you hoping increase consumer confidence and improve sales?
- Could your organization benefit from guidance on planning and delivering IT services and the discipline to improve and manage internal & external Customers?
- Facilities should get ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management Certification to improve customer confidence in consistent provision of IT services.
- ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management Certification is a way to get ahead in competition.
QSE With You All the Way in the ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management (ITSM) Certification Process
- QSE uses Document Simplification Techniques to prepare a user-friendly ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management System (ITSM) manual and supporting documentation.
- QSE has a simplified single level documentation system which is unique and covers all the requirements found in the four-level system.
- QSE can train and assist all levels of employees with implementation of a user-friendly ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management System (ITSM).
- QSE conducts a comprehensive internal audit by certified and competent auditors to verify the accuracy and adequacy of documentation and the application in operation to confirm an effective IT Service Management System (ITSM) is performing properly, evidences adherence to standard requirements, includes all required documentation and records, and is prepared for the 3rd party registration audit.
- QSE can coordinate audit with registration body and be available for support throughout the audit process.
- QSE’s a 10-Step Disciplined Path for certification is insensitive to failure.
The QSE Difference for Achieving ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management (ITMS) System Certification
- QSE provides the expertise and experience to avoid unnecessary or complicated solutions when implementing an ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management System (ITSM). QSE focuses on simplification to ensure a user-friendly system.
- Implementation of ISO 20000-1 with a reduced timeframe can result in cumbersome outcomes. QSE’S 10-Step Simplification Process provides rapid, comprehensive, accurate, simplified results that reduces cost, eliminates error and guarantees certification if all steps implemented.
- Reduction of negative impact on converting to new system structure.
- Ensure successful first-time achievement of certification.
Exceptional ISO 20000-1 Consulting, Training and Auditing Experience and Expertise
- Quality Systems Enhancement Inc. (QSE) is a premier consulting, auditing and training firm engaged in advocating food safety system certifications for over 27 years in the USA.
- QSE has extensive experience in assisting facilities in achieving ISO certifications that adhere to all standard requirements.
- QSE provides required training for QSE can train and assist all levels of employees with implementation of a user-friendly ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management System (ITSM) using competent trainers.
ISO 20000-1 Training and Mentoring
- QSE engages competent trainers to conduct ISO 20000-1 training for facilities.
- QSE focuses on terms, concepts, and principles as a foundation for effective implementation.
- An interactive style is utilized in our training sessions to explain effective implementation techniques needed for success.
An ISO 20000-1 Manual / Documentation Made Simple
- QSE provides a unique, evidence based, simplified documentation system to meet ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management requirements using a method which is easy to follow and easy to maintain.
Efficiency in ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management Certification
- QSE helps facilities to get certified in the shortest possible time invariably within 6 months using efficient methods and processes.
Post ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management Registration Audit Support
- QSE offers post ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management audit services to support the facility to any extent needed to achieve ISO 20000-1 Certification, a service seldom offered with other consulting companies.
Guaranteed ISO 20000-1 IT Service Management Certification
- QSE’s 10-Step Disciplined Path achieves certification in the shortest possible time. Usually within 6 months.
- QSE guarantees ISO 20000-1 Certification to all facilities willing to follow the proven 10 step disciplined path.
- QSE has assisted over 800 organization in obtaining various ISO certifications and other sector specific certifications, contact details can be furnished on demand for any certification or accreditation.
- Certification has occurred by some customers in as little as 6 months
Quality Systems Enhancement, Inc.
- 1790 Woodstock Rd,
- Roswell, GA 30075, USA
- Phone: 888-404-4476