The Custom Trade partnership against Terrorism is an internationally agreed upon convention that promotes partnership among nations to limit any trades that may lead to terrorism. The aim of the C-TPAT is to monitor and control all areas of the supply chain in a bid to secure the dealings from terrorism or related activities. The standard calls for companies and organizations to cross check their partners and verify their security guidelines to make sure they are legitimate and in line with the global anti-terrorism laws.
The C-TPAT creates an informative partnership between suppliers, warehouses, ports authorities and cross border trade regulatory authorities in order to make sure that trade practices are as legitimate as possible. The requirements set out in the C-TPAT charter have been regulated by leading global export zones and go they extraordinary lengths in strengthening the capacity of organizations to promote responsible supply mechanisms. The ultimate goal of the act is to have a secure and safe supply chain where everything and everyone can be accounted for.
The following are some of the requirements of the C-TPAT:
- Promotes a collaborative initiative between supply chain entities to promote cohesiveness and understanding to iron out any illegitimate players.
- The C-TPAT also mandates companies and organizations to create a continuous assessment of procedures to their supply chains, and in the end, streamline all players towards the security regulations and protocols set out.
- Calls for organizations or companies to document supply procedures and partners, as objectively as possible.
- Implementing the requirements for the C-TPAT protocol has a considerable number of benefits. The fact remains that certification under these regulatory control protocols will serve to cement your organization’s reputation as a legally acknowledged supplier.
The following are some of the fundamental benefits of the pact:
- Makes sure organizations have secured their trade across borders to make it as legitimate as possible.
- The C-TPAT pact gives companies and organizations the ultimate chance to affect a cross border assessment of suppliers and promote legitimacy in the entire supply chain.
- Creates a well earned reputation for the organization as legitimate suppliers with all legal support from authorities. This is very critical in promoting sales.
- Provides companies and organizations with the necessary legal framework to put into effect an organizational cross-border trade policy to comply with the set requirements of the C-TPAT protocol.
QSE adopts a “Ten Step Approach”™ to Implementation. This approach, designed and perfected by QSE, addresses each facet in an easy to implement manner. Tools merge with each other seamlessly and so effortlessly that the end product is a top-notch quality.